Monday, November 29, 2010

With baited breath I wait . . .

Well - not really, but in a small way I am very anxious.

This past summer I had the distinct (and I do not use that word lightly) pleasure of meeting author Gerry Burnie.  Gerry arrived at my office looking for travel advice and although I value all of my clients, when I met Gerry I heard an audible click.  It has been a pleasure helping him, and although it was not necessary, he offered to review one of my short stories.  Of course this sent me into a bit of a tizzy, this man has written and has published BOOKS! and he wants to read something I wrote.   It took me awhile to work up the nerve, but last week I gave him a copy of a first draft of a short story I had wrote called Finding Forever.  It was a romantic piece that I wrote this past fall.  Today Gerry stopped by the office on other business and we discussed Finding Forever.

It needs work, but his feedback was so positively laced it wasn't nearly as scary as I expected.  I need to work on a few things like formatting and character motivation and beef up my emotion, but it wasn't a train wreck!
Gerry is doing me a huge favor by reviewing it on his site later this week.  I am a little nervous again, but I'm sure it will be fine - plus I am writing under my "nom de plume" so it's all good.

If you haven't checked out my links to the blogs I read on the right of this page - you should.   Gerry's website is http://www.gerryburniebooks.com/ and his blog is listed there as well.

I have read Gerry's novel Journey to Big Sky -  when Gerry starts telling a story you can't help but get swept up into the wave and you don't want to get back off until he has finished sharing the tale with you.   If you are looking for something to read with a great story Journey to Big Sky is recommended by me!

Although I should be working on my newest writing project tonight - my day at the office today has been long and busy - I think I may just scrapbook and relax.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment