Tuesday, November 23, 2010

3D Advertisments - What next?

Last night as I settled into an episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories on Bio (yes I do enjoy a good ghost story), I noticed an advertisement for an online gambling site.  My first thought was, wow - they really shot this in low resolution because it looks blurry on the big screen.  Then I noticed the tint and realized this ad is in 3D!

Was the program I was watching in 3D? No.  Where the other advertisements in 3D? No.  Did 3D techonology somehow tie into their product No.  THEN WHY USE 3D?

I know it is "the way of the future" or so I have been told.  But do I really need to see an online gambling ad in three dimension?  They didn't even have a warning to don a pair of ugly glasses to take in their message.

They showed this ad at every break, by the end of the program all I knew was it bothered my eyes. 

If 3D ad's during 2D shows are the way things are going I better find my red and blue flash filters and velcro them to an old pair of glasses because if I am going to be wearing ugly eye wear I might as well have an original pair.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment